Why not surprise your loved one this Valentine's Day and make some of these delicious Sweetheart Jam Biscuits
Prep Time - 20 mins Cook Time - 10 mins Makes approx 20
170g Condensed Milk
225g Baking spread
225g Caster Sugar
360g Self Raising Flour
3tbsp Reet Yorkshire Jam - Raspberry or Strawberry
Icing Sugar to dust
You will need a lined baking tray, 2 inch round cookie cutter and a small heart shaped cookie cutter.
- In a large bowl cream the baking spread, sugar and condensed milk until light and fluffy. Add self raising flour and mix until it forms a soft dough. Roll into a ball and wrap in clingfilm. Place the dough in the fridge for 30 mins until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C for fan ovens, Gas Mark 4.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and using half the dough roll out on a floured surface until it is as thick as a one pound coin.
- Cut out circles using the round cutter and place on a lined baking tray.
- Using the other half roll out the dough and using the round cutter cut out the circles and place on the baking tray. Then using the heart shaped cutter, remove the middle half of the biscuits, these will form the tops of the biscuits.
- Place in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes or until they are just turning golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, spoon a thin layer of jam over the bottoms and then sandwich together. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy.