Apple and Reet Yorkshire Jam turnovers
I Jar of Reet Yorkshire Jam
Ready made puff pastry
2 cooking apples
Sugar pearls or flaked almonds to decorate.
- Peel and core the apples and chop into 1cm chunks. Stew the apple in a saucepan with a jar of Reet Yorkshire Jam on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- When the fruit is stewed let it cool a little then drain off the excess juice but save the liquid to glaze your turnovers later.
- Use a shop bought ready rolled puff pasty and follow its instructions or make your own. Cut the pastry into 6 equal sized squares (approx 10cm each).
- Put a generous spoon of the apple and luxury jam mixture into the centre of each square, turn over one corner of the square to the diagonal corner to make a triangle. Press the edges together with a fork, put a small cut in the middle of the triangle to let steam escape when cooking and then put on baking parchment and a baking tray and into the oven at 190 degrees.
- After 15 minutes take the part cooked turnovers from the oven, brush the top with a little of the left over liquid from the stewed fruit and then scatter with chopped almonds or sugar pearls.
- Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes removing when they look golden brown.
- Resist the temptation to eat them when they are hot from the oven- serve when they are still slightly warm. They are also still great the next day- even better for being warmed through for 10 minutes.
Serve on their own or with cream or ice cream.
Recipe supplied by Jonathan Bowskill
These are delicious 😋