Ingredients1/2 jar Reet Yorkshire Marmalade - any flavour
100g Pudding Rice
700ml semi skimmed milk
1 tbsp sugar
- Butter an oven proof dish. Ideally it should be an 850ml dish but if you only have bigger.... that’ll do. Any left over butter should be left in the dish.
- Warm half a jar of Reet Yorkshire Marmalade either in a bowl of hot water or your microwave for 30 seconds. Give it a good stir to liberate all the lovely Reet Yorkshire Orangey bits and then transfer it to the oven proof dish.
- Add the milk and rice, stir well once more, then put it in the oven at 140°C for 90 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven it should have a golden top and be firm with gorgeous sticky rice. If you have a very shallow dish then it may be done in an hour or so.
- Serve it on its own for breakfast - it’s delicious hot or cold and unlike Grandmas Rice Pudding it’s not too sweet.
- Alternatively stir a little milk into your favourite chocolate spread to make a pour over sauce for a family pleasing Reet Yorkshire Chocolate and Orange rice pudding. Serves four generously.
Supplied by Jonathan Bowskill
Thank you for this unique recipe… absolutely delicious.
Look forward to more recipes to try with your fabulous Reet Yorkshire Food products.
Adele Foxy April 08, 2021